Get Firefox!

Friday, November 04, 2005

Just finish the list of Security software that I'm going to Review in the up coming weeks, I decided to first check a bunch of Next Generation security product , many like to refer to them as HIDP or Hybrid AV + AT, one of the products will also introduce a new way of thinking "Security through virtualization" a new concept and sound promising, I will also do a Final show down between all checked products in order to find the best "Painkiller Blog Choose" Award.

So without further due please welcome the list.

1. AntiHook 2.5
2. BufferZone Home version
3. Safe'n'Sec Personal
4. Prevx Home

I hope to start the test on Sunday ;)

Something different I check the Norwich University Master in Information Security degree and it seems to be very interesting option to people who work in the IT industry and doesn't need a MBA

so have a great day and Cheers

Painkiller

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to add ProcessGuard from the Australian firm DiamondCS. Pretty robust and in the league of your list.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im confused,I just read on castlecops you recommended the software for the rootkits problem and now I read on your blog that your gonna test and review them?Im just wondering if someone has used them and whats the best but to me I was under the impression that you recommended them?

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm another fan of ProcessGuard, along with RootKitRevealer

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are going to test BufferZone, you should test DefenseWall.

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another vote here for Process Guard to be tested ;-) but what about Online Armor? There is still not a lot of review on Online Armor...

4:12 PM  
Blogger Painkiller said...

Guys,

Regarding ProcessGuard, I wrote that it's been reviewed many time and cause of that I will not review it, however I will enter it to the Benchmark between all products in the list.

Regarding DefenseWall, point taken ... will be reviewed

Regarding Online Armor, indeed a great product and will be reviewed in next list of products with many similar products

Painkiller

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home